Assigned Date: Fri, Nov. 13, 2009
Due Date: Mon, Nov. 23, 2009
Due Time: 11:00am
Last modified on December 02, 2009, at 01:54 PM (see updates)
This assignment focuses on:
- developing computer games using pygame;
- using effective skills and strategies for working collaboratively;
- using appropriate critical thinking skills and problem-solving techniques.
This is a group assignment. You may discuss the assignment only with your group or the instructor.
- Pick a game developed using pygame (e.g., here are some options - look under projects).
- Print out the code, read it, discuss it, and annotate it.
- Write a tutorial (similar to Line By Line Chimp by Pete Shinners).
- Be ready to present this code to your classmates, and explain how it works.
You will submit your assignment at the beginning of class on the due date. Bring your project on a standard CDROM disk. Write the name of the game, class, etc. on it. Be prepared to demo it to the rest of the class.
- The CD should contain:
- The name of the game, class, date, team names on its surface.
- A documented Python file (or files) - the game itself.
- A Word document containing the tutorial (including images and source code excerpts - see Line By Line Chimp).
- Also submit a paper printout of the Word document (tutorial).
Before submitting the CD make sure everything is readable from it.
To receive full credit, you must include your names, date, class, and instructions on how to play the game.
Your grade will be based on how well you followed the above instructions, and the depth/quality of your work. Also, each team member will get to evaluate their own contribution and that of others within the group.