Assigned Date: Thursday, Sep. 11, 2008
Due Date: Thursday, Sep. 25
Due Time: 9:25am
Last modified on September 25, 2008, at 09:38 AM (see updates)
This assignment focuses on:
- developing games and animations with MIT's Scratch;
- paper prototyping and user interface design;
- developing simple algorithms; and
- using appropriate critical thinking skills and problem-solving techniques.
This is a pair assignment. You are encouraged to work in pairs (however you may work on your own if you wish). You may discuss the assignment only with your partner or the instructor.
Develop a Scratch project. You have two choices:
- Start from scratch (no pun intended), i.e., with a new project; or
- Modify an existing project. For this you need to introduce three (3) substantial changes to the exisitng project.
This is a pair-assignment, i.e., you need to work with a partner.
To prepare, go over Getting Started (PDF), and Reference Guide (PDF). It is a good idea to print these out and bring them to class.
You will submit your assignment at the beginning of class on due date. Bring your project on a memory stick (USB drive). Be prepared to demo it to the rest of the class.
To receive full credit, you must include your names, date, class, and information on how to use your program in the Scratch Project Info window:
Your grade will be based on how well you followed the above instructions, and the depth/quality of your work.