Review for Test #2
Test covers reading assignments from textbook (see outline below), additional
materials, collaborative exercises, and homework assignments.
Major topics to be covered include:
- Usability Engineering
- Task analysis (Preece Ch. 20)
- Types of plans
- Keystroke-level model (Preece Ch. 33.4)
- The Language model
- The Three-Layer model (on-line material)
- Application, Presentation & Translation
- State transition diagrams (on-line material)
- Interaction (Preece Ch.13.7)
- Interaction Diagrams (on-line material)
- Interaction Styles (Preece Ch. 13)
- Tandy Trower, "Creating a
Well-Designed User Interface."
In terms of format, it may include T/F,
multiple-choice, essay-type, UI design, and programming questions.