Assigned Date: Monday, Jan. 29, 2018
Due Date: Monday, Feb. 5
Due Time: 30 mins before class
Last modified on January 24, 2018, at 02:09 PM (see updates)
Write a Jython program that generates an interesting piece of music.
The piece should contain at least three Parts with different instruments.
It is OK to add percussion (drums), if you wish.
Do all three:
- Upload your program file on OAKS.
- Hand in a printout of your Python program in class on the due date.
- Be ready to perform it in class.
Your program should have a meaningful name, e.g., theManWentToTheMoon.py.
Follow the documentation instructions from Homework 1. In particular, your header documentation should:
- mention the name of the piece and the composer / band where it comes from, and,
- if you used a score available on-line, include the URL where the score can be found.
For extra points, once you complete the main assignment, you may submit a separate, additional program.
- Any other idea you can think of is fine.
- For full credit, use comments in the program to document your idea.
- Give the program a meaningful name.
Your grade will be based on how well you followed the above instructions, and the depth/quality of your work.
This assignment has the following objectives:
- Understand the fundamentals of music theory.
- Analyze music and create musical studies modeled on pre-existing works.
- Apply numeric data types to represent information.
- Use variables in program development.
- Use predefined classes in program development (object-based programming).
Also how to:
- Create interesting music with JythonMusic
- Program MIDI melodies, chords, etc.
- Program MIDI percussion (optional)