Assigned Date: Thursday, Jan. 22, 2009
Due Date: Wednesday, Feb. 4
Due Time: 9:25am
Last modified on April 07, 2009, at 11:36 AM (see updates)
This assignment focuses on:
- MIT Scratch - a programming environment for 8-year olds.
- simple process modeling (sequence, repetition, and selection)
This is a pair assignment. You are encouraged to work in pairs (however you may work on your own if you wish). You may discuss the assignment only with your partner or the instructor.
Develop a Scratch project. You have two choices:
- Start from scratch (no pun intended), i.e., with a new project; or
- Modify the fish tutorial project. For this you need to introduce three (3) substantial changes to the existing project.
To prepare, go over Getting Started (PDF), and Reference Guide (PDF). It is a good idea to print these out for quick reference when you work.
- Include your names, date, class, and information on how to use your program in the Scratch Project Info window:
- Then, submit your assignment on WebCT by the due date (instructions will be provided in class). Also, keep your project on a memory stick (USB drive). Be prepared to demo it to the rest of the class.
Your grade will be based on how well you followed the above instructions, and the depth/quality of your work.
"Any amount of work can be done in any amount of time... only the quality varies." ~Joao Meidanis