Assigned Date: Tuesday, Mar. 18, 2008
Due Date: Tuesday, Mar. 25
Due Time: 3:30pm
Last modified on April 01, 2008, at 05:20 PM (see updates)
This assignment focuses on using spreadsheets for data entry, calculations, and "what if" analysis.
- Create a personal Google account, if you do not already have one.
- Login to WebCT, and under "Homework 3" you will find file "sample-gradesheet.csv". This file is a gradesheet containing fictitious student data. Download this file onto your desktop.
- Return to Google Documents and create a new spreadsheet. Now, import the file "sample-gradesheet.csv".
- Work on this spreadsheet to insert formulas wherever appropriate (i.e., homeowrk average, MID, MAX, MIN, AVG, 100%).
- The formula for the midterm grade is: col. ex. #1 and #2 5%, homework #1 30%, test #1 65%.
- The formula for 100% is on our course syllabus. If someone has NOT used any late days, column LATE contains 4. Class participation is based on the average of the collaborative exercises.
- Format the spreadsheet to make it usable (use bold, boxes, background color, foreground color, etc.) as per Ch. 15 of our textbook.
Add a letter grade column which gets automatically updated based on the column 100%.
Verify that your spreadsheet is accurate by comparing the values it calculates (e.g., under 100%) with the values provided in "sample-gradesheet.csv".
If you are not satisfied, go back to earlier steps and fix things.
Submit your gradesheet as follows:
Share your spreadsheet with me - Google email provided in class, and also export your spreadsheet as .xls and upload to WebCT.