Computer Programming II
Section 01: TR 9:25-10:40am / LCTR 219
Section 90: TR 5:30-6:45pm / LONG 221
This course further develops object-oriented programming introduced in CSCI 220. Topics include file input/output, the Java string class, inheritance and polymorphism, exceptions, and algorithm analysis. Data structures include lists, stacks and queues. Algorithms include searching and sorting.
- Test 1: Thursday, February 16, 2006
- Test 2: Tuesday, April 11, 2006
- Section 01: 8-11am, Saturday, April 29, 2006
- Section 90: 4-7pm, Thursday, April 27, 2006
- Dale's lecture transparencies (in HTML):
- Chapman's lecture transparencies (in HTML):
- Denning, P.J. "Is Computer Science Science?", Communications of the ACM, April 2005 (preprint draft).
- Lewyn, M. "Flying in Place: The FAA's Air Control Fiasco", Business Week, April 26, 1993. And a follow up.
- Gleick, J. "A Bug and a Crash", (appeared as "Little Bug, Big Bang" in The New York Times Magazine), December 1, 1996.
- Johnson, K. "Denver Airport Saw the Future. It Didn't Work", New York Times, August 27, 2005.
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct.