Assigned Date: Wednesday, Nov. 17, 2010
Due Date: Wednesday, Dec. 1, 2010
Due Time: noon
Last modified on November 29, 2010, at 08:14 AM (see updates)
This assignment focuses on:
- developing an interactive fiction game,
- gaining experience with a new game genre (and game engine),
- paper prototyping and user interface design, and
- iterative game refinement.
This is a group assignment (but you may choose to work solo). You may discuss the assignment only with your group or the instructor.
Usising your design document (see previous assignment) implement a new (interactive fiction) Adventure game.
In the spirit of the original Adventure game, develop your own interactive fiction (IF) game.
To do so, download the Inform7 IF game engine. (Inform is a design system for interactive fiction based on natural language. It is a radical reinvention of the way interactive fiction is designed, guided by contemporary work in semantics and by the practical experience of some of the world's best-known writers of IF.)
Submit the following via WebCT:
- Your gameName.inform source file.
- A PDF document containing:
- Your name, date, class, and a short description at the top of the page.
- A short, yet complete description of your game (see Inform website for examples)
- The map of your game (generated from Inform)
- The winning path (generated from Inform)
- Any remaining issues (e.g., what doesn't work yet, plans for expansion, etc.)
Be prepared to talk about the game (and demo it) to the rest of the class.