Assigned Date: Friday, Sep. 17, 2009
Due Date: Monday, Sep. 27, 2009
Due Time: 2:00pm
Last modified on September 23, 2010, at 02:18 PM (see updates)
This assignment focuses on:
- developing computer games from the ground up
- using effective skills and strategies for working collaboratively
- paper prototyping and user interface design
- using appropriate critical thinking skills and problem-solving techniques
This is a group assignment. You may discuss the assignment only with your group or the instructor.
Develop a 2D video arcade computer game.
Submit the following:
- A typed paper describing your game. Include the following:
- Your names, course, assignment no., date
- Name of the game
- Answer the questions associated with the following Lenses (see textbook): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13. You should have a few sentences addressing each lens.
- A paper prototype of your game (see textbook and in-class video).
You will submit your assignment at the beginning of class on the due date. Be prepared to demo it to the rest of the class. Be ready to invite/receive feedback from others. Be open to making substantial changes to what you have. The more useful feedback you get now, the better your final product will be.
Your grade will be based on how well you followed the above instructions, and the depth/quality of your work.