Assigned Date: Thursday, Oct. 25, 2007
Due Date: Monday, Nov. 5, 2007
Due Time: 11:55pm
Last modified on October 25, 2007, at 03:17 PM (see updates)
This assignment focuses on generating aesthetic fractal images.
You will work in teams of two.
Find one or more programs on the Internet that can generate fractal images (for example, Fractint).
Generate five aesthetically interesting images (for example, see Fractal-Art '99 Contest winners).
Create an MS Word document. Include:
- The usual preamble: names, class, date, assignment.
- The program(s) used to generate the images (provide names, URLs, how much they cost (free is fine)).
- The five images
- A caption for each image including:
- Title of image (name it something interesting/relevant)
- What does the image convey
- Settings used (so that others can possibly recreate the image)
- How long it took to generate
Upload your submission to WebCT.
Your assignment will be graded based on how aesthetically interesting your images are, the variety of ideas you tried, and how well you followed the instructions.