Assigned Date: Wednesday, Oct. 25, 2006
Due Date: Wednesday, Nov. 8, 2006
Due Time: noon
Last modified on October 30, 2006, at 05:29 PM (see updates)
This is a group assignment. See course collaboration policy for details.
This is the second phase of developing a user interface to an evolutionary programming application.
- Friday, Nov. 3, 11:55pm: Submit snapshots of your Paper Prototype on the Wiki (see below). (Keep everything on a single page, please.)
- Wednesday, Nov. 8, noon: Extend your Wiki page with a description of:
- User Tasks (to be performed through the user interface)
- Conceptual Model (to be communicated to the user)
Focus on the conceptual model (user model) and define objects, relationships, and actions taken on objects. Develop a paper prototype that communicates this model, and allows user to perform all user tasks. Iteratively refine everything a few times to improve usability.
Try to abstract/hide the design model (system model), as much as possible.
Remember, user tasks come first!
Remember, a simple UI is hard work.
- At the top of your report, include a certificate of authenticity using this format:
Certification of Authenticity:
I certify that this submission is entirely our own work,
as per course collaboration policy.
Names: ________________________ Date: ___________
- Include references on materials (other than the textbooks and handouts) you consulted to do the assignment.
Grading will be based on your ability to carefully and succinctly provide the required information.
Submit your solution by editing your page: Tyler Bennett, Thomas Dion, Johnathan Heh, Robert Keisler, Mark Mixson, Luca Pellicoro, Jeffrey Shumard, and Brian Smith.