The Computer Science Department at the College of Charleston in Charleston, South Carolina invites applications for a one-year visiting assistant professor position (with possibility for a one year extension) in computer science from August 15, 2012 through May 15, 2013.
ABD or PhD (required) in Computer Science or a closely-related field.
Requirements for the position are:
- A commitment to undergraduate teaching,
- Strong interpersonal skills and collegiality,
- Creative, energetic and self-motivated.
In making the final selection from among applicants, the following will be considered assets:
- experience in undergraduate teaching;
- industry work related to computer science;
- experience in teaching database, networks, core undergraduate CS courses;
- interest in innovative curriculum development; and
- ability to act as a role model for Computer Science majors, including underrepresented groups.
Applicants will be expected to teach four courses (graduate or undergraduate) each semester as assigned by the department chair.
Interested individuals should send the following materials:
- A cover letter
- Statement of teaching philosophy (1 page)
- Graduate transcripts (unofficial transcripts sent in pdf format will be accepted)
Send electronic copies to:
Prof. RoxAnn Stalvey
College of Charleston
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by 5 PM, April 20, 2012. However, screening may continue until the position is filled.